# GIS Software
- GRASS GIS: A very strong Free and Open Source (FOSS) GIS product, lots of useful addons, very advanced raster GIS modules
- Quantum GIS: works perfectly in combination with GRASS (GRASS-plugin) to make nice maps for printouts, easy to access previews etc.
# Statistical/Mathematical Software
- Scipy/Numpy: powerful tools for numerical and mathematical operations on large, n-dimensional arrays, interface with GRASS-rasters
- R: A must. doesn’t need any further explanation.
- R-studio: Nice, user-friendly GUI for R, scripting, console, script-browser all-in-one solution