The next international conference of the world sturgeon conservation society, the ISS8 will be held in Vienna in September 2017 as announced during the last conference in Canada. The meeting will be organised by the University for Life Science (BOKU, Vienna) in cooperation with colleagues from our institute (IGB, Berlin).
As from the first announcement: conference topics originate from the fields of
- General biology and ecology
- Status and management of populations
- Historic and present importance of sturgeons on a community level
- Human impacts on sturgeons stocks and mitigation measures
- Processing and marketing
- Regulations for conservation and international trade