I’d like to share an interesting and large (£ 3M) and already ended EU-Life-project for the conservation of the Atlantic Salmon (Salmo salar) in Scotland that was even awarded as the ‘Best of the Best’ LIFE Nature project in 2008/09.
Their objectives comprised of a wide range of measures including:
- removal or mitigation of 25 barriers
- improvement of spawning habitat
- Prevention of erosion and decrease of siltation within the Salmon streams
- Restocking to stimulate recolonization
- Stakeholder and public involvement
just have a look yourself: Conservation of Atlantic Salmon in Scotland – What is CASS?.