Finally, after many month of development and after a successful presentation of FIDIMO at the International Conference on Ecological Informatics in Brasilia last December, the Fish Dispersal Model FIDIMO has been published in the Journal of Ecological Informatics.
The highlights of FIDIMO are:
- We developed a GRASS GIS tool for modelling riverine fish dispersal (FIDIMO)
- Empirical leptokurtic fish dispersal kernels are used to model movement distances
- Kernels are applied to rasterized river networks, considering movement barriers
- FIDIMO allows predicting and simulating spatio-temporal patterns of fish dispersal
- The tool builds on free and open source software and allows manifold adaptations
The article is available now available online: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoinf.2013.06.002